- Monthly Meeting
- Professional Development
- September 2021 member meeting: Financial Management 101 for Freelance Language Professionals
Date(s) - 09 / 28 Tuesday / 2021
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us as highly experienced wealth management advisor Ray Kubick and his team present on the basics of financial management for freelance language professionals, defensive and offensive planning, and how combinations of wealth management tools such as property and casualty coverage, disability insurance, life insurance, wills, short-term cash flow, no non-deductible debt, homeownership, universal of tax-deferred products and taxable investment accounts can benefit any self-employed worker. You won’t want to miss this very important presentation!
Raymond J. Kubick, CFP:
For over 25 years Ray Kubick, founder of Connecticut Financial, has provided comprehensive financial advice to doctors, attorneys, business owners, and Wall Street executives, assisting them in protecting and growing their assets during both the accumulation and retirement years. Ray earned a B.A. degree from Quinnipiac University and is a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Wealth Management Advisor. Connecticut Financial is a member of the financially stable and prestigious Northwestern Mutual Financial Network.
(Due to the comprehensive nature of Ray’s servicing, which covers legal, accounting, investment, and tax considerations, prospective clients are considered by referral only. Initial consultations are complimentary and confidential.)
Alicia Figueroa is a financial planner dedicated to helping individuals become financially independent by creating good savings habits, protecting their assets, and achieving their goals of growing and transferring their wealth. Her goal is to make financial independence a reality for her clients. Alicia has been in the financial services industry for over 10 years, having worked in the wealth management divisions at Morgan Stanley and Citibank prior to joining MassMutual. She has an MBA from the acclaimed Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania and a second master’s degree in international studies, also from the University of Pennsylvania. She completed her bachelor’s degree in business administration from Loyola University New Orleans where she majored in Finance and Marketing. Alicia currently lives in Miami. Prior to that, she lived in New York, Philadelphia, New Orleans, and Sao Paulo. She is fluent in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
C. Nick Lee:
Nick has been in the financial services industry for close to a decade and prides himself on creating a holistic, client-focused experience. He positions himself as a wealth coach to his clientele, with a talent deeply rooted in his 5 years of service with a non-profit financial organization, servicing the retirement planning needs of participants in the Florida Retirement System (FRS), specifically, educators of the Miami Dade Colleges and Miami Dade County Public Schools. In that capacity, his mission was twofold: understanding the dreams and values of each client, and implementing financial strategies to make their goals a reality. Today his practice has expanded to include financial planning for medical professionals. Nick’s educational background stems from a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from the University of Miami, followed by an MBA from Nova Southeastern University and a highly concentrated, MSc in Finance from Florida International University – the trifecta of recognized South Florida colleges. Born and raised in Guyana, S.A., he is a beloved father and husband, avid car enthusiast, and golfer.
- Everyone must RSVP and pay (if applicable) before the deadline. The registration will be closed at 6 PM Eastern on Monday, Sept 20. Please act fast! If you pay but do not register, you will not receive any meeting info, and your payment will be forfeited.
- No refunds will be offered after the registration fee is received.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate any late registrations, payments, and inquiries.
- All non-members who would like to attend this meeting must pay $10 (for this talk only), or please consider becoming a member. You must type in your payment confirmation number in the registration form before you can submit your registration.
- It is at the presenter’s discretion to share the presentation deck with the NYCT to be shared with the members at a later date.
- The meeting may not be recorded. Please try your best to attend.
- Please feel free to forward this invitation to any interested parties.
- Please mark your calendar for the meeting date and time today! You will receive the meeting info about one week before the meeting date. Thank you for your patience.
- Please do not share your personal meeting link (if we meet online) with anyone. If we find out you do and a guest shares your access, you will be banned from attending at least two future events.