NYCT October 2021 Member ONLINE Meeting
Monday, October 18, 2021, 1:00 – 2:15 PM Eastern Time
Title: Bitcoins Basics and Forensics
Presenter: Elda Ellis
This presentation allows the participants to visualize and understand the basic Bitcoin and wallets concepts applied in blockchain forensics, through the review of criminal and civil cases. By having a basic understanding of what Bitcoin and blockchain are, interpreters and translators will have the ability to develop a glossary to be used in this nascent prolific field, where the demand for their professional services is rapidly increasing.
Elda Ellis has been a Certified Court Interpreter for almost two decades. The Daily Journal featured her series of articles on interpreter protocol. Ms. Ellis is the founder of Translating Worlds by EYE, providing coaching related to judicial proceedings protocol and ethics to certified interpreters as well as serving as a consultant to professionals who interact with interpreters on a regular basis. Ms. Ellis is an educator specializing in Virtual and Onsite Best Practices as well as interpretation and translation of blockchain, bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, fintech, lawtech, and artificial intelligence for individuals around the globe.
Born in Latin America, her immersion and understanding of Latin American and American societies give her the unique ability to accurately bridge the communication gap between both cultures.
Q&A will follow the presentation.
ATA CEP available for ATA-certified translators
Free for NYCT members
$10 all non-members
1 PM Eastern Time on Friday, October 15, 2021
or as soon as the maximum capacity is reached.
Please consider joining the NYCT
and contact the NYCT administrator Natalia at
with any questions regarding the membership.
Terms and conditions:
Everyone must RSVP and pay (if applicable) before the deadline. Limited seats – please act fast!
- If you pay but do not register, you will not receive any meeting info and your payment will be forfeited.
- No refunds will be offered after the registration fee is received.
- Sorry, we are unable to accommodate any late registrations, payments, and inquiries.
- All non-members who would like to attend this meeting must pay $10 (for this talk only) or please consider becoming a member. You must type in your payment confirmation number in the registration form before you can submit your registration.
- It is at the presenter’s discretion to share the presentation deck with the NYCT to be shared with the members at a later date.
- The meeting may not be recorded. Please try your best to attend.
- Please feel free to forward this invitation to any interested parties.
- Please mark your calendar for the meeting date and time today! You will receive the meeting info about 24 hours prior to the meeting time. Thank you for your patience!
- Please do not share your personal meeting link with anyone. If we find out you do and a guest shares your access, you will be banned from attending at least two future events.
Thank you for your ongoing support! Please contact us anytime with any comments, questions, and suggestions for future topics.
Looking forward to “seeing” you at this meeting!