Tuesday, December 12
Autopilot: Peanuts. Creativity: Priceless!
with Filipe Alverca
Our daily, automated routine can lead us to believe that only genius minds are creative. Is this really the case? This presentation will discuss this and other myths, addressing concepts of creativity, ways to boost your creative potential, and some techniques for generating ideas that you can put into practice all on your own when you hit a brick wall during a translation. With the growing popularity of AI tools, this conversation is more important than ever. Everyone is welcome, from beginners to seasoned professionals working in any field or language.
About the Speaker
Filipe Alverca has been working as a translator since 2006. He started out translating formalities of legal jargon and the technicalities of oil & gas, but then the market opened up a world of possibilities in the areas of games, marketing, advertising, entertainment, and technology. He holds a bachelor's degree in law, a technologist's degree in marketing, and a graduate-level specialization in creative writing. He was born in Rio de Janeiro and has lived in a few other cities around Brazil.
Q&A will follow the presentation.
The Zoom link will be shared with registrants ahead of the event
NYCT members attend for free
Non-members attend for $10
Please consider joining the NYCT
and contact the NYCT administrator Natalia at
with any questions regarding the membership.
Terms and conditions:
Thank you for your ongoing support! Please contact us anytime with any comments, questions, and suggestions for future topics.
Everyone must RSVP and pay (if applicable) before Tuesday, December 12.
- No refunds will be offered after the registration fee is received.
- We are unable to accommodate any late registrations, payments, and inquiries.
- All non-members who would like to attend this meeting must pay $10 (for this talk only) or please consider becoming a member.
- It is at the presenter’s discretion to share the presentation deck with the NYCT to be shared with the members at a later date.
- Please feel free to forward this invitation to any interested parties.
- Please mark your calendar for the meeting date and time today. You will receive the meeting info about 24 hours prior to the meeting time. Thank you for your patience.
Looking forward to seeing you at this meeting!